Updated: Mar 12
Happy New Year to you and I wish you lots of love, health and prosperity in 2023! Travel has increased a lot in 2022. We have personally traveled around 8 times and have helped around 20 clients discover and explore Tanzania, Brazil, Ghana and Jamaica seamlessly with the support of our local on-site guides. If you are wondering what is the next leg of the journey, it will directly or indirectly affect you depending on where you are starting from. Look no further, we have you! Here are the next 6 major changes that will change the way you travel in 2023.
1. Farewell to the 100 ml limit of cosmetic bottles in your hand luggage What a relief! If you are leaving the UK/Europe, this new change to the law applied after the major 9/11 attacks is long overdue. We remember once boarding a business flight to Alicante in Spain, and being emptied of all our fancy makeup products tossed before our sobbing eyes at Gatwick Airport, London! We literally cried and begged because as a black woman
1) Finding the right products was a big deal and I invested in some nice products to avoid any rashes or allergies!
2) I used to suffer from acne and dark spots, sensitive combination skin, etc., I get it! lol. Finding the right product is therefore a big challenge and it is expensive! We are so ready to say goodbye to this ban of over 100ml of liquid products at the security gate at UK airports. It is expected to be fully implemented by the end of 2024 and will start gradually from the beginning of 2023.
2. Indonesia to ban sex outside marriage. To all tourists and digital nomads traveling to Bali on the new 5-year digital nomad visa, raise your hand? Sometimes most people tend to forget that Bali, despite the cool landscape and the swings, remains and belongs to a conservative Muslim archipelago with one of the largest Muslim populations in the world. When in Rome do as the Romans say! Don't worry, if you feel like going to have your bikini body taken next to the most amazing infinity flower pool or fountains with your partner, boyfriend, you can still go baecation till 2026, before this new law is fully implemented! You will not be concerned in 2023!
3. Tourist tax & Tourist tax to limit access to the most popular tourist sites Are we used to traveling without health requirements, screening, PCR, antigen? Do you remember those pandemic hurdles? We certainly remember having to go through up to 3-5 tests to return home to France from the UK and giving up on visiting family for a weekend. You have to plan so far in advance, look for the cheapest available PCR tests in town, and extend your trip to at least 1 week to make the investment worth it. Think now in the context of sustainability and more responsible travel post-pandemic. Travel is booming throughout 2022! Some countries have expressed concern that this could have created damage to historic sites. Places like Venice, Italy, in order to preserve historic sites, will gradually introduce a cap on the number of visitors allowed to enter and tour the city daily. As a result, your next city break in Europe will definitely need to be planned well in advance, avoiding peak days. Tourists will have to make a reservation via a digital system and pay a daily fee, estimated between 3 and 10 euros depending on the day.
4. ETIAS will be requested for travel in Europe To all citizens who do not hold a European passport who wish to venture, visit Europe and the Shenghen area, from November 2023, they will have to apply for a visitor/tourist visa before entering immigration/border control at their point of landing. ETIAS stands for European Travel Information and Authorization System, it is an electronic authorization system of the European Union covering the Schengehn area. It is due to take place from November 2023, visitors from the UK, Canada, USA, Australia and other countries will need to obtain an ETIAS to enter any of the member countries of the Schengen zone . An ETIAS can be valid for up to 3 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
5. Extended beds will be available in flight in economy class If you've always dreamed of those comfortable first and business class extended beds but could never afford them, the dream is now over! German airline Lufthansa has recently made your dream come true: affordable luxury at economy class prices! How it works: Apparently you will need to book 3 seats in a row and convert it to a bed with mattress and you will receive a blanket and pillow! Ready to sleep more comfortably in flight? More details on the Lufthansa website: http://bit.ly/3i9cmYP
Photos : Instagram @lufthansa
6. The 5G frequency band finally authorized in flight Do you dream of continuing to talk to your loved ones on the plane? Well, this sci-fi moment will soon become reality from June 30, 2023, airlines have already announced the new European Union regulations allowing them to have 5G frequency band during the flight for their customers . Is it a dream or a nightmare if you're stuck in economy class next to noisy neighbors? It's also unclear how much the airlines will charge, so it may remain a privilege for now! What do you think? Leave comments on how you would welcome the idea of non-peaceful flights!
Need help planning your next trip in 2023?
We have also grown massively and can now help you plan unforgettable holiday activities, transport and accommodation in the following destinations: Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Senegal, Zambia, Namibia, Madagascar, Kenya, South Africa, Sao Tomé, Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Turkey, Morocco, Ivory Coast, Congo, Nigeria, Benin. If you need help planning your next vacation, whether you're a solo traveler, a duo, a group of friends, or a corporate retreat. If you crave a mix of black heritage and leisure experiences, we've got you covered!
To find out more, write to us at: email@example.com
You can also complete this trip planning request form and we will get back to you with costs and a quote: http://bit.ly/3i7MKvo
Or schedule a Zoom Discovery call to find out we could help you plan your next holidays.